INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE
1. Give people more than they expect and do it
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or sleep
all you want.
4. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
5. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt
but it's the only way to live life completely.
10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12. Talk slowly, but think quickly.
13. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer,
smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
14. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great
15. Call your mom.
16. Say "God bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
17. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
18. Remember the three R's: Respect for self, Respect for
others, Responsibility for all your actions.
19. Don't let a little dispute infure a great friendship.
20. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps
21. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear
it in your voice.
22. Marry a spouse you love to talk to. As you get older,
his or her conversation skills will be as important as any other.
23. Spend some time alone.
24. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
25. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
26. Read more books and watch less TV.
27. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older
and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
28. Trust in God but lock your car.
29. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do
all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
30. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with a current
situation. Don't bring up the past.
31. Read between the lines.
32. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
33. Be gentle with the earth.
34. Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.
35. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
36. Mind your own business.
37. Don't trust a person who doesn't close his or her eyes when
you kiss them.
38. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
39. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others
while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
40. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke
41. Learn the rules, then break some.
42. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love
for each other is greater than your need for each other.
43. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get
44. Remember that your character is your destiny.
45. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.